[real-eyes] Re: Fw: another tip both share a fare and life

  • From: <bigdaddylou63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 04:57:46 -0500

I believe when dealing with agencies or entities that are not providing
services in a manner in which are accessible, we shouldn't show our hand to
respect of letting them know we are looking at or entertaining the thought
of bringing some sort of legal action against them.  We should first follow
their procedures in filing a complaint, after no responses are received
which is usually the case a second complaint should be filed for not
responding to the first one.  I know this may become a long drawn out
process, however, in many cases having a paper trail is important because
then your showing you've attempted to contact and resolve the outstanding
issue or issues.  At the same time, though, if the response is not
satisfactory then a response to that response is important because if not
then it will support the providers claim they responded and everything was
satisfactory.

After all fails then a person can take it to the next level by acquiring
legal assistance and providing them with the documentation sent to the
respective party.  Being involved in a transportation lawsuit here in
Northern Indiana with 3 municipalities, 2 county wide providers, the
Metropolitan Planning Organization and the Indiana Department Of
Transportation, I learned every time I had a complaint I would use the in
house procedure available and when not receiving a response I would send a
copy of the original complaint with a second complaint to the respective
agency the vehicles were leased from, which in our area is the Metropolitan
Planning Organization.

After keeping copies of all said documents when we finally had legal
representation we used all said documents as proof that the providers were
not providing trans in the best possible manner and it also supported our
claim they were not trying to resolve said issues.  So it's important to
file all necessary complaints regardless of how tiring it gets and in some
cases it does get discouraging.

I know K C has some trans issues, but if some thing is going to get done,
it's going to be important to file all necessary complaints in writing, this
from my experience.

The lawsuit was filed in 1997 and didn't get finalized until 2006 and really
there are some other issues involved, but prepare yourselves for the long
haul, don't get discouraged and keep filing those complaints, we also
received monetary damages, for what it was worth.

Peace
Luis