[real-eyes] Re: Apology to the list

  • From: "ANNE Radetic-MURPHY" <jasmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 00:51:34 -0600

Oh. Thank you as someone once has said I do have a lot to offer to the blind
community.
Good luck with your grant.
For Your  information I am starting a website called Beyond Blindness to
culminate  all of the blind resources together so that other people will not
have a difficult time finding resources out by just googling constantly.
Word of mouth as been invaluable but has taken a long time.  As we have seen
personal attitudes get in the way of truly helping people.  So, this will be
a objective spot.

I will let everyone know of this as it gets up and going.

I just found this out yesterday that  Ray Campbell's only job is to assist
blind and visually impaired individuals with technical problems.   He ,
thank God, did a tandem remote access on my computer and helped me out a
lot.

I only wish I would have known about this like back in June but oh well.
Live and learn:
 If we all make him busy enough then maybe they will expand his position to
include other blind individuals.  He originally was working under a grant
from Boeing and now the Lighthouse finances his position because they
recognize how valuable it is.

Here is the contact info:
Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)