[real-eyes] Re: Apology to the list

  • From: "V Nork" <ginisd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 18:22:16 -0800

Hi Anne, I for one would like to see you stay on the list, since I have
benefited from your comments, and think you could continue to benefit
yourself from postings.Here from my perch in San Diego California, I know
nothing of the specifics of what is going on except to say, Those people who
are really good at teaching assistive technology may be spread thin.  If
they have to set limits on how much they can help, it can be hellishly hard
to do so with sensitivity, I think.  I have been frustrated and even pissed
off with some of the help I have gotten in my town.  I try to do as much as
I can to have a variety of helpers, read and find tutorials, but really,  it
can be tough..  I am putting together a patchwork quilt of helpers and
resources, and am doing much better now.  Still, in a perfect world we would
have help in our homes with this esoteric yet vital equipment.   My personal
cause, a project, is to find private non government funding to pay for the
help  blind persons need to use this technology.  I can read a tutorial in
my home, but it may not apply to my own system, with it's own quirks.  So
wish me luck with my grant seeking, and again, I hope you stay with us.
Sincerely, Ginny