[ratpack] Topic change: Photoshop Elements (and Corel Paintshop)

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:04:15 -0700

Changin the subject is fine, but we prolly otta change the subject LINE as well.

Before I go on with the editing software info, I'll just mention that I spent some time on the phone with one of the techs at Xmissiom.com (my isp) who "made some adjustments" to make their filtering less sensitive so that my original message would have gone through. He didn't want to go into details...and I spose that's company policy since the more spammers know about the process they use, the easier it is to attempt to bypass it. However, if that hoax virus warning had come from me, it never would have made it to the list, which is what I was trying to say when I mentioned that virus/hoax/Nigerian scam/etc types of email are caught by the isps. I DO object to having the body of email that I send checked by an algorithm, and as a result my email address has ben specifically whitelisted.

Now. It appears that there's a price war on for photo editors. Corel, up until midnight Monday night, was offering their Paint Shop Pro Ultimate version for $30 instead of the regular price of $100. It's gone up $10 now but $40 still isn't bad:
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1184951547051#versionTabview=tab1&tabview=

You can also get the "plain vanilla" (which is only missing a couple of things...like a background remover plugin that doesn't work very well) for $30, marked down from $80.

The price for Elements 8 is $60 (Windoze or Mac)...after "instant markdown and mail-in rebate." I hate those rebate things. I've sent them in several times and the company offering them has replied with something stating that I didn't meet the criteria or I just never get anything at all.. Perhaps I'm being overly judgmental, but I don't buy stuff that includes a mail-in rebate offer. If I can't get it for the advertised price, I don't buy it.

Having said all that, it seems like there are some pretty good deals going on...pre-Black Friday incentives, possibly?

Who knows.

RtR

At 02:39 PM 11/25/2009, you wrote:
Not to change the subject, but another photog buddy of mine sent me this
link. If you are in the market for Photoshop Elements, this is a good
price:
FYI

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelmac/

Larr