[ratpack] Re: Tilt can be useful

  • From: humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:56:26 +0000 (UTC)

Tilt, as you say, is a useful  tool, the idea is to have it done, and not
ovedone !

Extremely b ig, or tilted, or blurry, or any other thing isn't good,  just
because it is.

Gives the old ego a stroke or two, tho.

  A  boring subj ect is always just that, but,  a  less-than-good effort can be
saved, sometimes, by a different approach, like Paul's car. That wall just
doesn't add a thing to the pic, but the cropped, tilted result is interesting,
even though  everybody knows that real cars don't often do that.

People, in general, like to see the real world portrayed as it is, with a
little "spice" thrown in once in a while. National Geographic and the old LIFE
magazines are two of the best examples I can think of.

Blur, SUPER enlargement, tilt, and the other things can make life more
interesting, but ask yourself: "What would my editor pick?"

Yup! Thought so.