[ratpack] Re: Scanner

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 06:24:44 -0600

When my dad's cousin Karl Peter Eskild Christensen passed away this May (no
will, no heirs, and no other immediate family, and that is still in process
with the estate) I got a bunch of photo albums from his branch of the
family. Karl and I had been working on the Christensen side of the family
tree via email, and when he was staying with me during his chemo. Someone in
his Mom's side must have been a photographer, or very well to do, because
there are lots of pictures of this same time period, of the inside of the
house, and candid photos of a little girl and playing with dogs, backyard
parties and such. Very interesting, and eventually I will get around to
scanning these, or at least a few of them.

We just celebrated a little party that my 13th Great Grandfather was at. On
my Mom's side, my Great Uncle did a lot of research that he passed on to me,
and it ties us to John Alden and Priscilla Mullins of the Mayflower. There
are several people on the Mayflower index, and the Revolutionary war. I have
some pictures of my Great Great Grandfather with his Civil War pin on too,
from the 12th Iowa, then transferring to the 4th Iowa Infantry. The detail
on the old silver plate stiff is really amazing.

You can spend your entire life on this stuff and not even get close to all
of it. I guess I am the Family genealogist, according to the people working
on the estate. I have to call a lawyer back about Karl on Tuesday.

JC

---
John Christensen
Saint Charles, IL