[ratpack] Re: Scanner

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 02:53:13 -0700

I just ordered an Epson scanner:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VG4AY0/ref=oss_T15_product

It looks pretty good on the description but we'll see how it works.

I think I got ya beat on the 25 year thing. I've just begun a lifetime project, so it seems. Well...it's gonna take a while. The 2 attachments are scans (done with the old HP scanner) of albumen prints done in 1899. They were in a photo album that I believe to be mainly comprised of my maternal grandparents' honeymoon in Florida after being married in Indana in 1913. The older prints are a bonus, I guess.

The first one (depending on the way the mail servers scramble 'em) is a very badly faded and damaged shot of the first horse-drawn wheat binder in the Converse, IN area. I don't know anything more about it except that Converse is in the area where my grandmother was raised.

The other one is a mug shot of (presumably) students and teachers at what was then called a "normal school" or a school for teachers...sorta like a "department of education" at the UofU...only a lot different. :)

So lemme see how the Epson scanner works in comparison to the HP. Should be a lot better. We can go from there, k?

RtR

At 05:50 PM 11/29/2009, you wrote:
I have some 25 year old black and white photos that I'd like to scan, I'm looking for a high quality scanner. Does any rat in the pack have one?

The Great Zamboni

--
Michael Wells
MCWells Photography