[ratpack] Re: Portable chair for the track

  • From: JOHN W WEIBEL <marce.weibel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 18:23:23 +0000

Paul:

I wonder if that split pea puke green is close to the color of my first Mini.
We called it
Squirrel Sh_t Green.  Back then my wallet was so empty, I did not have money
for Rustoleum White paint to paint it.  Wonder if the color had anything to do
with my first time at Aspen?

Split oil cooler.  Both carburetors emptied into engine.  Broke rocker arm.
Brake fluid emptied into cockpit. Does wonders on soles of driving shoes. Onw
wheel was not tightened too well, and almost came off going from paddock to
track. Had only two sets of jets for carbs, the RICHEST ones and 2 away from
those.  Rich fuel does not bode well for running at Aspen.  Even at 6000 RPM,
you could hear each spark plug foul one at a time with too much gas.  Ran three
laps the entire weekend, including parade lap on race day.  Had to come in
before green flag.

One good thing came out of that weekend.  Met my wife.

Enjoy Life.

John W Weibel

From: TSWATSON78@xxxxxxx
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ratpack] Portable chair for the track
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:58:25 -0600

Here is the chair/ camp stool whatever that I got the other day at REI.  My
wife told me to tell you (and I know that you all really care) this chair come
in three colors.  Carrot poop and gray,  split pea puke green and gray and last
but not least Navy blue and gray.  I couldn't think of a snarky remark on the
blue one.  How about gagging till you are blue in the face, blue.

They also have a small three legged stool with no back.  I tried it but I did
not like it, but...it is also cheaper.

Please excuse the model, he was cheap also.