[ratpack] Re: Miller Wintercross Nov. 2009

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 07:18:40 -0600

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 5:42 AM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That little trip doesn't look like a lotta fun unless yer last name ends in
"on," "en" or "in."  JC, I guess you'd be ok if yer Nordic heritage is in
good shape.  I don't think Watson qualifies, though.

We were in a beer garden till about midnight, and they didn't even turn on
the heaters. I was in a t-shirt till sun down. It was 66 for a high and
sunny for tailgating at the IL/Northwestern game but 57 here even late. Rain
moved in overnight I see.

Yes, Christensen indicates that my Danish heritage prefers cold over hot. I
burn to a crackly crunch in about 20 minutes in the sun, and the 10# walleye
on the wall (Dec. 28th, 1985) shows I will ice fish with the best of them. I
am more of a puss in my old age, but I still would rather be cold than hot.

I still would like to be at the track, but watching young college girls all
day .... well .... someone had to do it. pictures from an old man are
inappropriate, although well see what shows up on the chip when I get home.
Just packed the 2,1 mp Coolpix to document the event. It's a lot easer to
carry around. We head back about 1 PM for home 3 hours North. I have to work
tonight from 4 to about 8.

All for now. Thanks for posting the pics.
JC