[ratpack] Re: Hide the razor blades

  • From: Michael Wells <mcwellsphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:39:39 -0700

If you'll notice almost all of his pics come from a high vantage
point, I'd like to know how he gets that vantage point of all of the
raceways. Height almost always gives a unique perspective to what we
normally see standing at street level. I really like height to give a
new perspective but it's not always possible.

I once saw a picture of Ansel Adams, he had an old panel/station wagon
type vehicle, what we might call an early version of the Suburban. It
had a luggage rack on the roof and Ansel built a platform on the
luggage rack so he could add height to his pics and make it easier to
eliminate roads and other foreground distractions. I proposed it once
to my wife when we had a Tahoe but she put the nix on that pretty
quick.

Michael

--
Michael Wells