[ratpack] Re: Blew my own mind

  • From: humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 14:59:57 +0000 (UTC)

O Yeh...a lot of the forums (fora??) have a group of so-called "experts", and
some are quite good... giving advice like it was actually worth something, and
otherwise reinforcing their particuar prejudices. Photo.net is the worst, imo.
There are a few, however, The Nikon Cafe, and Nikonians, which are more user
friendly, and actually friendly, too.  Don't ask a question regarding third
party equipment (Tamron, Sigma, Sunpak) on Nikonians, tho.  (with hauteur)  "
Really , Old Boy, none of us here have had much experience with third party
equipment!"  Other than that, a great bunch.  Dunno about Canon sites, tho.

The "Old Technology" still lasts forever, and works a treat!  And doesn't need
a damn computer to translate your eye into reality.  I've been considering
buying a Nikon F 100, just for "old time's sake.  You can get some of the
classic lenses for Nikon or Canon for a song off daBay, but you do have to
watch out for the sharpies.   All of my lenses would  fit, and film, while
expen$ive compared to free pixels, can be converted to electronic media for
just a few $ at the time of processing.  Just be sure your 18 1/2 year old
"processing professional"  understands the process, and doesn't faint at the
suggestion that C-41 processing IS designed for modern chromogenic black and
white films like Ilford XP, and the Kodak  films.  The Kodak offerings are, or
at least the last time I tried them,  were not on the same level as the Ilford
chromogenic film, or the ancient Plus-X or Tri-X  in D-76 1:1, either.  But,
that's just me.

Whoooo knows,  I might have to find all the film processsing stuff I have in my
basement, and become a darkroom monkey again. (I think I will take 3 aspirin,
and lay down in a  dimly-lighted room, listening to soft, soothing music till
this passes.)    : )

Photography is a Magical  pastime...or profession!