[ratpack] Admin: power outage

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 22:42:04 -0600

We just came back up from a 3 or 4 hours power outage....and of course, I haven't bought the new UPS yet. Wouldn't have done much good, with the outage as long as it was. I KNEW something bad would happen if I bared it. :)

Apparently nothing was lost (except for me, wandering around in the dark looking for candles and matches.)

We be back up now.

Ray
Ohhh...the power hit came right as I was getting ready to install this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8763894&type=product&id=1203815241551

Another 1 TB external backup drive. I filled mine up today and realized that I'd better do something or I'll never get through another server crash. Apparently, I lost some of Rick Draganowski's Rustpuppy pages, so I'll go looking for 'em as soon as I get back from the salt.

If nothing else, this gave me a chance to put the window screens into the Burb. Now I can lower the rear windows, get a breeze and not worry about mosquitos and/or moths and gnats.

Ok...back to yer reg'larly scheduled chat.

Ray
(chief cook and bottle washer...and network tech and.....)