[radioastro] Remembering Grote Reber's visit to the VLA

  • From: Victor Herrero <hubbleed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JAMES RUSSO <jimr146@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:23:31 -0700

Remembering Grote Reber's visit to the VLA

Hello Jim N1MAA and All

I take note of your wonderful article:
http://www.n1maa.com/Reber.html

and Home Page:
"Promoting the Amateur Spirit of Radio Discovery"
http://www.n1maa.com/

I like that title very much "...the Amateur Spirit of Radio Discovery..."

I have been posting recently somewhat fanciful QUEBEC code messages, in the
Morse Code telegraphic style of communications, and thinking of: "Promoting
the Amateur Spirit of Radio Discovery".

Grote Reber came to visit the VLA (currently EVLA) and had the great
pleasure of seeing that giant instrument and remembering his modest
equipment as shown in your article.

He gave us a talk in the VLA conference room.
I was Head of Telescope Operations and Systems Engineering, and had the
enormous pleasure of showing him around, with other Members of the Staff.

Let us continue to Promote the Amateur Spirit of Radio Discovery !

Victor N7YBV