[radioastro] Re: Io-B 110909 to 110910 UT

  • From: Victor Herrero <hubbleed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Martin Wright <ducksuit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Radio JOVE NASA GSFC <radiojove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Laurent Denis <laurent.denis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 10:33:59 -0700

Hello Martin and All

Your charts are very interesting.
This Io-B was observed at Nancay between 15 and 34 MHz, including 20 MHz of
course. See my post:
http://herrero-radio-astronomy.blogspot.com/2011/09/beautiful-io-b-followed-by-non-io-at.html

It shows strong radiation reaching 80 dB above background (at times) in both
right and left circular polarization. Left shows very strong ionospheric
modulations, changing in slope and spacing.

To study this event in more detail we can ask Laurent Denis (Technical
Director of the Nancay Decametric Array) for more detailed spectra, similar
to the ones shown in:
http://herrero-radio-astronomy.blogspot.com/2011/08/nancay-spectra-of-io-b-110802-at-150-ms.html

Would you like to do that ?
The data is voluminous, what times would be most interesting for detailed
comparison with your charts, at 150 ms per pixel resolution ?

I copy Laurent Denis.

Many thanks
Best regards
Victor