[racktables-users] call for editors

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <pilot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:00:26 +0300

Hello all.

I would like to invite volunteers as vendor-specific record set editors
in RackTables dictionary. There are two issues at the moment:

1. Some vendors are completely missing from our DB:
http://racktables.org/trac/search?q=missing+vendor&noquickjump=1&ticket=on

We either ship no records at all or ignore whole product families for
some.

2. There is no updates for other vendors. For example, I've built the
server model list for IBM more than a year ago and didn't touch it
since then, because I don't deal with IBM hardware any more. Given,
that more and more records will be converted into clickable URLs, the
database will be becoming outdated even faster without proper updates.

Of course, such a work is a pure contribution and will only be credited
on the web-site. That said, usual people like us just look for their
existing hardware to be listed. An apparent tradeoff is to find someone
closely familiar with particular brand and receive updates from him.
If you would like to volunteer, let me know and we will liaise a
procedure. At the moment only Dell, Sun and Cisco lines seem to be
covered with such tracking.

--
    DO4-UANIC