[racktables-users] Re: What's the best approach for adding details to your datacenter location

  • From: Olivier Contant <Olivier.Contant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 18:15:46 +0000

Hi,

What i did on my side is create an entry in the log tab

The logging has all contac, address, emergency contact informations.

Also I use tag that define the location of the datacenter example : Tag LAX
(Los Angeles) - DC1

You could as well create attributes but it seems to me longer to fill up for an
object that is fairly static. *I don't expect to need to update logging entry
often ...  (Less than once a year maybe)*

Olivier Contant
System Administrator, Triton Digital

1440 Ste-Catherine W., Suite 1200 | Montreal, Qc, H3G 1R8
+1.514.448.4037
olivier.contant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:olivier.contant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>