[racktables-users] Suggestion: adding SAN switches and (may be) ATM switches

  • From: Panagiotis Christias <p.christias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 20:40:18 +0300

Hi,

first, the "Adding New Object Types" mini howto available at
//www.freelists.org/post/racktables-users/Adding-New-Object-Types,2
would be a useful faq addition to the wiki.

I have added a new object type for our SAN (Fibre Channel) switches along with a few new port types (FC/8Gbps, FC/4Gbps, FC/2Gbps, FC/1Gbps and FC/empty for ports without any SFP module) and a new chapter for SAN switch models. All ports can be interconnected (updated the port compatibility map). Could be added to the main dictionary.

We have also a couple of Marconi/Fore ATM switches still in production. I suppose those could be added under the network switches category..

Regards,
Panagiotis

ps. is it possible for other people except of the developers to edit the wiki or open tickets for bug report and patches?

--
Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
p.christias@xxxxxxxxxxx    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE