[racktables-users] Suggestion: Bulk Port Creation

  • From: "Don Greer" <Don.Greer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 12:51:04 -0500

  Is it possible we could do something like the "AutoPorts
configuration" on the Ports page to create/add ports for a device?

  I'm thinking to that could be accomplished easiest by adding a tab
"Bulk Ports" or something that looks just like the "Ports" tab, but
without the "L2 address" column entry.  In it you can enter stuff in the
same script format as the "AutoPorts configuration" stuff.  This would
make the coding fairly simple and allow you to add a batch of new ports
when you, for instance, add a 24 or 48 port card to a switch or router.

  Don