[racktables-users] Re: Suggestion: Bulk Port Creation

  • From: Jeff Orr <JOrr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:15:17 -0500

Hi All,

I have looked all over for where to find autoports and I can not. Can
anyone give me a hint?

Thanks!
__________________________
Jeff Orr
Network Engineer, Information Technology
Genesis Healthcare Systems
jorr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DID: 740-454-4572 | FAX: (740)450-6136

*For any IT problem, request, or question please contact the IT service
desk at x4330, 740.454.4330, or ITservicedesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

             "Tyler J. Wagner"
             <tyler@xxxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             racktables-users-                                          cc
             bounce@freelists.         Alister Forbes <a@xxxxxxxxx>
             org                                                   Subject
                                       [racktables-users] Re: Suggestion:
                                       Bulk Port Creation
             11/12/2009 07:09
             AM

             Please respond to
             racktables-users@
               freelists.org

Hi Alister,

Autoports is the option in User Interface to automatically create ports for

any object type.  For your patch panel (object type 9) you may want:

9=24*24*Port %02u

That will create 24 ports of type 24 (gigabit ethernet), called "port 00"
"port 23", every time you create a Patch Panel.  I usually just rename port
0
to port 24 and I'm done.

Tyler

On Thursday 12 November 2009 11:06:57 Alister Forbes wrote:
> I may have missed that.. is AutoPorts the "Add/Update multiple ports"
>  option that you can enable from the configuration page?  If so, I've
done
>  that, but as with Tyler, whenever I try to use it I get this:
>
> An error has occured in [assertUIntArg()]. Additional information:
>
> Parameter 'port_type' is not a number (calling function is
>  [addMultiPorts]).

> (currently running 0.17.7)
>
> Of course if it's something else... could you gimme a hint, and I'll put
it
>  in the wiki.
>
> Cheers
> Alister
>
> On 12 Nov 2009, at 11:56, Denis Ovsienko wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:36:55 +0100 Alister Forbes wrote:
> >> I'd add a vote for this as well if I could.  I'm currently having to
add
> >> 40 patch-panels manually, and it's driving me nuts.
> >
> > Folks, you can employ AutoPorts to create ports for you.
>
> --
> Alister Forbes      Work:   +32 2 704 5762    Internal: 322 5762
> a@xxxxxxxxx    TACSUNS             _.|._.|._ Cisco Systems
>
> Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See -

accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem,
pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently,
die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
   -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love", by Robert A. Heinlein

***Confidentiality Notice***

The information contained in this e-mail message (Re: [racktables-users] Re:
Suggestion: Bulk Port Creation), including any attachments, are intended only
for use of the individual or entity named above
(racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx). This e-mail may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and/or otherwise exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of the
communication or its substance is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please reply to this e-mail indicating you are not the intended
recipient and immediately destroy all copies of this e-mail. Receipt by anyone
other than the intended recipient is not a waiver of any privileged information.