[racktables-users] Re: RackTables RPM

  • From: Luis Fernando Lacayo <lflacayo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 07:54:20 -0500

that error is do to the fact that the Database that was used in your RPM
was not the latest...  Did you use a database that was created already
or does your RPM create a new RPM?

I came to a similar issue yesterday wehn I was try to upgrade a 16.3 to
17.4.  The DB structure changed and you have to upgrade to 16.4 then to
17+

Luis

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 20:48 +0800, Colin Coe wrote:

> Quick question.
>
> I was testing my RPM for RackTables on a fresh machine and everything
> seemed OK until I browsed to the URL and got this message:
> ---
> This Racktables installation seems to be just upgraded to version
> 0.17.4, while the database version is 0.14.4. No user will be either
> authenticated or shown any page until the upgrade is finished. Follow
> this link and authenticate as administrator to finish the upgrade.
> ---
>
> At this point MySQL server has just been installed and a root password
> set but nothing else.
>
> Any ideas why it thinks it has a 0.14.4 version DB?
>
> Thanks
>
> CC
>
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Les Mikesell<lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Colin Coe wrote:
> >>
> >> Does CentOS still exist?  Has the owner/maintainer/theGuyInCharge(tm) run
> >> away?
> >
> > Yes, the only real problem was the ownership/control of the domain name and
> > that is resolved now.
> >
> >> Not familar with CentOS, only that its based on RHEL.
> >
> > It is a rebuild-from-source project with a goal of binary compatibility with
> > the upstream distribution (whose name they can't mention due to trademark
> > restrictions...).   But, the place for 3rd party packages would be either
> > the EPEL or rpmforge repositories, depending on whose guidelines you want to
> > follow.  These are usable by RHEL, Centos, Scientific Linux, etc.   EPEL
> > tends to be a little more careful not to overwrite anything included in the
> > stock distribution.
> >
> > --
> >  Les Mikesell
> >   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx

Luis Fernando Lacayo
Chicago Public Schools
Senior Unix Administrator
ITS/ UNIX Infrastructure
Office: 773-553-3835
Cell: 773-203-4493
lflacayo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
               "In God we trust, the rest we monitor ..."