[racktables-users] Re: RackTables RPM

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <pilot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 00:29:17 +0400

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 20:48:42 +0800 Colin Coe wrote:

> Quick question.
>
> I was testing my RPM for RackTables on a fresh machine and everything
> seemed OK until I browsed to the URL and got this message:
> ---
> This Racktables installation seems to be just upgraded to version
> 0.17.4, while the database version is 0.14.4. No user will be either
> authenticated or shown any page until the upgrade is finished. Follow
> this link and authenticate as administrator to finish the upgrade.
> ---
>
> At this point MySQL server has just been installed and a root password
> set but nothing else.
>
> Any ideas why it thinks it has a 0.14.4 version DB?

Normally the version is stored in one of the tables, unless it is
a really old database (0.14.4 or worse). This way the version check
returns "0.14.4" for any database, which exists, but has no "Config"
table. The real reason behind this message in a modern enviroment is
most probably a pre-written secret.php file, which enables
application's access to an empty database. This is not a common case,
because the installer script normally populates the DB after it writes
secret.php file.

Perhaps, at this point the RPM shouldn't come with secret.php, but let
the user create it.