[racktables-users] Re: How do you fill your racks? (Was: Developers!!!!)

  • From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 13:40:09 -0600

On 3/8/2011 8:27 AM, Luis F. Lacayo wrote:

One of the things I'm working on is creating a way to collect the system data
into a file and then batch it up into the DB as the raw uninstalled objects to
then be placed into the racks.

*lfl* I had a similar dilemma with mass loading similar devices to RackTables,
but there is a section of teh add object page that allows you to do mass input
of similar devices.  This worked great for me..

How do other people do *their* layouts?

I'm having the same sort of 'getting started' issues, so if anyone has a good 'import existing data' procedure I'd love to see it. Even the right order to do things manually would help to avoid things like adding interfaces before the corresponding network.

Also, I'm having trouble understanding the 802.1q section. I have a mix of switch port managed access to individual vlans and hosts/routers that take trunk connections and split out subinterfaces internally. How should that be entered?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx