[racktables-users] Re: Hello there it is me again...

  • From: "Tutton, James" <James.Tutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 08:37:19 +0100

Personally we implement our blade enclosures as racks in there own right.

E.g. in Rack1 We have a 12U BladeCenter1

Then we have another 24U Rack Called BladeCenter1 which has 16x1U servers ie
the blades.
And also has other objects like power supplies ports, patch panels, etc.

It doesn’t truly show the layout of the blade centre as ours are laid out 8x2
But slot 1 is U1 Slot 2 is U2 etc etc.

It makes logically sense to me and you can still track an items location quite
quickly.

Only Just thought of this but could even add a port type of “Blade IN” and
“Blade Out” give our blade centre 16 “Blade IN” Ports and each blade a “Blade
Out” Port that way can chase through with ports.

Regards

James Tutton
Systems Development Engineer
Redstone Managed Solutions
A Division of Redstone plc
Tel: 0845 2010026
Fax: 0845 2010027
Mobile 07500 601473
Website:  www.redstonemanaged.co.uk<http://www.redstonemanaged.co.uk/>
Email: james.tutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:james.tutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Address: Tolerant House, Bellringer Road,
Trentham, Stoke-on-Trent. ST4 8GZ

We Connect, We Secure, We Manage.

From: "Lacayo, Luis F" <lflacayo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: racktables-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 04/08/2010 04:42PM
Subject: [racktables-users] Hello there it is me again...

HI all,

So I have been thinking and as proof I can show you how much hair I have lost
from the top of my head. But as when I feel sick I consult the doctor, I
thought I would consult the list and see what they recommend.

I would like to define a new device (let's call it a blade enclosure) and I
would like to have:

The common stuff, with contact stuff like a server has, then I would like to
have a number of ports but I would like for each port to have an IP  instead of
the L2 and the interface would be a slot...  then on the view tab you would see
the summary of the enclosure and below that the BLADES.... the local name would
show the blade information...

What do you think…   AM I out alone in left field?

Have a Great day

Luis

summary
Common name:

TEST1

Object type:

Router<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=depot&tab=default&cfe=%7B%24typeid_7%7D>

Asset tag:

TEST1

Visible label:

TEST1

Barcode:

TEST1

HW type:

Cisco 2921<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10543/index.html>

ports and links
Local name

Visible label

Interface

L2 address

Remote object and port

VM-101

gm-acctn

virtual bridge

VM-102

antigua

virtual bridge

VM-109

library

virtual bridge

rackspace allocation
GM-RACKS<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=row&row_id=1>
 :

GM-RACK1<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=rack&rack_id=1>

Front

Interior

Back

42

gm-nas1<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=object&object_id=20>

gm-sw1<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=object&object_id=1>

gm-nas2<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=object&object_id=21>

41

GM-KVM-01<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=object&object_id=8>

40

gm-ap1<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=object&object_id=11>

39

macmini<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=object&object_id=13>

38

37

36

35

34

33

32

31

30

29

28

27

26

25

24

jalapa<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=object&object_id=5>

23

escuintla<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=object&object_id=2>

22

21

zacapa<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=object&object_id=4>

20

solola<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=object&object_id=3>

19

18

gmvm<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=object&object_id=22>

17

16

15

14

TEST1<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=object&object_id=24>

13

12

11

10

9

tikal<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=object&object_id=6>

GM-MAC01<http://zacapa.grupo-maya.com/racktables179/index.php?page=object&object_id=10>

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

***Confidentiality Notice***

The information contained in this e-mail message (Re: [racktables-users] Hello
there it is me again...) sent from (JOrr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ), including any
attachments, are intended only for use of the individual or entity named above
(racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx). This e-mail may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and/or otherwise exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of the
communication or its substance is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please reply to this e-mail indicating you are not the intended
recipient and immediately destroy all copies of this e-mail. Receipt by anyone
other than the intended recipient is not a waiver of any privileged information.
Message Sent: 2010-04-08 20:52:46

Click
here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/8iRTyM5hKfTTndxI!oX7UgVuQEctqoeeiqzTZSiiHylsLGxLiuhiwM1W1d0g0sLcS4UnunGXuZaFfmYpsSvVwQ==>
 to report this email as spam.