[racktables-users] Re: Developers!!!!

  • From: "Luis F. Lacayo" <llacayo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 08:08:16 -0600 (CST)

Hi Denis,

Yes, what you stated is correct, and I am not being picky, as you know I am a
great supported of racktables, and I recommend it to all my friends.

My issue is that I have two vertical PDUs that we mount on the back right and
left of the rack. Then we 1 or 2  two U patch panels on the back as well.  In
the front of the RACK we might have loose devices (usb drives, tape backups,
etc) on the front.

So the way I use racktables, is I have a front and back view of all my racks.

RackSmith has a feature where you click a button and the back displays.  But I
will not change my racktables.

Thanks,

Luis

> I like to also re-enforce your comment, I have found racktables to be very
> useful at the two places where I have used it. There are many, many things
> that we would like to see added to the product, but I understand that with
> the amount of development resources the development team has, it is worth the
> wait for new features.  The one feature that I would like to see is one that
> shows both front and back of the rack, right now I have defined 2 racks
> XXXX-F and XXXX-B, and it is getting pretty big.

Luis,

I appreciate you feedback and would like to note, that what you request
requires no new features. On the "Rackspace" tab of an object the rack is
already divided into front, back and interior projections (check the rack
header).

--
    Denis Ovsienko