[racktables-users] Re: Customize RackTables

  • From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:52:49 +0000

On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 15:22 +0000, Charlie Garcia Jr. wrote:
> Is there a way to have the devices in the Rackspace view displaying
> their Label, instead of their Common Name (Hostname)?

Not that I know of. You'd have to update the code.

> Also, is there a way to remove or rename certain fields in the Object
> Properties?

Yes. See Configuration -> Attributes.

Note that if you have values stored in an attribute of an object, and
then remove an attribute from an object type, that object will still
have this field data in the DB. It will just be hidden. If you re-enable
the attribute, it will re-appear.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"The bourgeoisie are hated from both ends: by the proles, because they
have all the money, and by the intelligentsia, because of their