[racktables-users] Re: Authentication

  • From: Craig Small <csmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 12:39:35 +1100

You should be able to mix the two. I currently have users authenticating against LDAP but also have a local admin user as a backup for just in case situations.

From memory, you just need the local user setup and then add it to the permissions section. ie. in permissions 'allow {$userid_1}' where userid is the id of the user in the UserAccount table in the racktables database. You should be able to see/add local users within configuration->local users with racktables itself.

On 2014-01-19 11:05, Mark Frasa wrote:
Hi,

On 18 Jan 2014, at 20:14, sfjtt hotmail <sfjtt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello, We have Racktables setup with LDAP for a small group of user as admin. We also added a read only user locally but it doesn't allow the read only user to login. Is it possible to add a user locally while using LDAP?
Thanks

I think it’s not possible to mix both local and ldap authentication.
On http://wiki.racktables.org/index.php/LDAP there is a line saying:

 - There are different ways to make RackTables recognize LDAP accounts
—> instead <— of local accounts.

Since you are using ldap already, it would make more sense to add that
user to a different group, and allow read-only access on that specific
group.
You can find more information about Permission configuration at:

 -
http://wiki.racktables.org/index.php/RackTablesAdminGuide#Permission_configuration

Cheers,
Mark.