[racktables-users] Re: Authentication

  • From: Mark Frasa <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 01:05:07 +0100

Hi,

On 18 Jan 2014, at 20:14, sfjtt hotmail <sfjtt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,  We have Racktables setup with LDAP for a small group of user as
> admin.  We also added a read only user locally but it doesn't allow the read
> only user to login. Is it possible to add a user locally while using LDAP?
> Thanks

I think it’s not possible to mix both local and ldap authentication. On
http://wiki.racktables.org/index.php/LDAP there is a line saying:

 - There are different ways to make RackTables recognize LDAP accounts —>
instead <— of local accounts.

Since you are using ldap already, it would make more sense to add that user to
a different group, and allow read-only access on that specific group.
You can find more information about Permission configuration at:

 -
http://wiki.racktables.org/index.php/RackTablesAdminGuide#Permission_configuration

Cheers,
Mark.