[racattack] RED discussion points for RAC on laptop setup

  • From: Yury Velikanov <velikanovs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racattack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racattack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 12:14:45 +1000

Hello Team,

I would like to brainstorm on the latest RAC 12c VBOX implementation
instruction. As preparation to OOW we are putting an RAC Attack agenda
together at the moment.
One of the points is:
-   *12c RAC install info support:* Talk through Oracle 12c RAC
installation procedure and explain important steps to pay attention to in
order get it installed on a laptop in shortest time possible.
   o   This option to be used if a participant *doesn't have* ether *a
laptop* with significant resources (RAM, HDD) or just don't have *enough
time* to go through the installation process at OOW but will do it at home
later on.

This activity involves going through most important implementation points
with a participant. Can we put a list of important points to pay attention
to together?

Please feel free to add to the following:
-- Software and HW necessary for the full implementation
-- Network Design (host only adapters, DNS, +NAT)
-- IP addresses to assign
-- Shared disks setup
..... put your point here ......

Best Regards,

Yury Velikanov
Oracle ACE Director & Team Technical Lead

NOTE If *YOU* *or* any of *YOUR* *team*'s members participate in Oracle
OpenWorld 2013 conference please please reach me. I *would love* to *MEET UP
*.

Pythian - Love your data

velikanovs@xxxxxxxxxxx | Twitter: @yvelik <https://twitter.com/yvelik> |
Linkedin <http://au.linkedin.com/in/yuryvelikanov>