[pythran] Re: installation on openSuse -> segfault

  • From: Marc Gailhanou <marc.gailhanou@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 13:37:49 +0200

Hello Serge,
the pythran 0.7.1 now works fine on two of the OpenSuse13.2 machines I use( a 4 cores and a 2x6 cores). I do not have the segfault anymore, and all the tests ran successfully.
I was able to run pythran on the small functions of the MANUAL.rst file ( dprod, matrix_multiply, arc_distance ), and I could see with arc_distance that the performance gain scales pretty well with the number of cores when using OpenMP, giving an overall gain which can be very interesting.
It seems that some directories are missing in the 0.7.1 tgz file available on https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pythran but can be found on github, in particular the extensions and pythran/tests directories.
After the addition of those two directories, I could test successfully the %%pythran magic function and do the benchmarks. However I did not understand the outputs of the latter ...
I will do more tests later, but this minor revision solved the problems I had. Thanks !
Marc