[pythran] installation on openSuse -> segfault

  • From: Marc Gailhanou <marc.gailhanou@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:08:58 +0200

Hi,
I have installed pythran on a Linux ( openSuse 13.2 distrib ) machine. In addition to the dependencies indicated in the /doc/MANUAL.rst file I had to install libtcmalloc ( libtcmalloc4 by the way ) , then I tried to run the tests ( after installation of pytest ) and I had the following error:
"setup.py: error: unrecognized arguments: --pep8"
I gave up with the tests and tried to use pythran on basic examples. First hello world cli_foo.py : this one worked. And then I tried the dprod.py example which gave a segfault.
Additional detail : when I installed libtcmalloc using the openSuse installer there was no libtcmalloc_minimal.so file, only libtcmalloc_minimal.so.4. First I created a symbolic link in my test directory, and tried to use the -L flag with pythran but it did not work. It looks like there is a small bug in the pythran script. Replacing the line :
ldflags = ['-f{0}'.format(n) for n in args.extra_Lflags]
by
ldflags = ['-L{0}'.format(n) for n in args.extra_Lflags]
pythran works ( but with the segfault at execution )
Any idea ?
Best regards
Marc

--
Marc Gailhanou <marc.gailhanou@xxxxxxxx>

Institut Matériaux Microélectronique Nanosciences de Provence ( IM2NP )
UMR 6242 CNRS,
Case 262, Aix Marseille Université ( AMU )
Faculté des Sciences et Techniques de St Jérôme
Av. de l'Escadrille Normandie-Niemen
13397 Marseille Cedex 20

tel 04 9128 8125
fax 04 9128 2793
S'il vous plaît, évitez de m'envoyer des fichiers attachés au
format Word ou PowerPoint, sauf si vous n'avez pas le choix.
Voir http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.fr.html