[pythonvis] Question About A Library Called Kivy I'm Interested In

  • From: Jim <jhomme1028@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythonvis <pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 10:35:46 -0400

Hi,
Once I get to a point where I understand basic Python language, I'm
interested in using a library called Kivy, which is supposed to build
GUI programs that are device-independent. I have a simple question
that probably has an answer complicated enough to be over my head, but
here goes. The makers of Kivy included a Python interpreter with the
installation file. In their installation instructions, they said that
it is possible to use the library with the Python I have already
installed. Question: Actually, series of questions.

Why would they include a separate Python compiler?

Why would I use that instead of the Python I already have?

What are the advantages to using the Python Kivy comes with, and what
are the advantages of using the Python I already have?

How do I use one or the other? Is it as simple as changing the shell
batch file, or is it some complicated thing I have to learn that I
have to get a college degree to understand? <exagerating a little
here.>

Thanks.

Jim

--
If building your own web site is holding you back, I can help.
List web page is