[python] Re: [python]Eureka!

  • From: "Mark Schaaf" <Mark.Schaaf@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 11:21:49 +0200

Heya Rhisiard,

I´m waiting in suspense of some Pictures of your Trike...

The Variations of Eric´s Flevo are a good Inspiration for me and
I´m re-building my own Trike. In this Week, I go finish it
and take a look how it rides ...

Best regards,

Mark

Am Sat, 24 Jul 2010 01:51:37 +0200 schrieb Rhisiart Gwilym <Rhisiart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Yes, in fact it was Variation Six -- Improved Tilting Trike Back end
which was the model for my trike, Erik having proved that it worked
well.

But I never found his idea to put forward-reaching handlebars on the
non-tilting back-end until Dirk drew my attention to it. I'd thought
of the idea independently, but I'd no idea whether it would work in
practise. I've been up a couple of blind alleys in trying to invent a
way to stay on my bike whilst I learned to balance it. But then the
pics of Erik's excellent practise-trike back end actually in action
proved it beyond doubt, and I tore into making a version of it. And
-- Eureka!

Cheers George. Going out bikin' now....... RhG

Rhysiart,

There's a lot here to think about; and I will.

In the meantime, happy birthday.

I checked out Erik Wannee's site again.  Although the direct link to
"Flevo Trike" is broken, I found a series of pages in English on Erik's
trike, by clicking on the bulleted list or the down-arrow at the bottom
right of each successive page, starting here:

http://www.wannee.nl/hpv/variatie/e-index.htm