[python] Re: pivot maeasurements 2

  • From: olaf <noll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:18:56 +0200

On Tuesday, April 20, 2004, at 07:54 PM, Eduardo L P Jr wrote:

Hi Olaf !

According to the SKF catalog, the maximum "Da" dimension (diameter of the
seat of the outer bearing ring) is 27 mm. I've used 26 mm, but you may use
fewer.

Hi Eduardo. Good, I will use 25 mm since that is the inner diameter of the raw material for the lathe.

You've designed the height of the shell of 37 mm. I've used 40 mm. As 40 mm
is the dimension of the square frame tube, I've put some washers between the
arms and the square tube.

Did you do this only in order to be able to accommodate a bearing shell of 40 mm height? Or does it also improve the strength of the welded joint?

These chock washers was the same as the washers
used between the arms and the bearings. The arms + chock washers + square
tube was clamped with a "C" clamp and welded together. The chock washers
became "buried" between the square tube and the arms.

I see. Do you think it would be in any way disadvantageous to put the arms directly on the surface of the square tube? And subsequently make the bearing shell a little shorter?

The reason I ask is that I haven't decided if I will weld or braze the python frame. If I choose brazing the arms must lie flat on the tubing so capillary action can spread the filler metal beneath.

Just remembering

The "7" series bearings, have a correct side to mount !!!

In an earlier mail you wrote:

Using two
bearings nose to nose, the couple will work with axial static loads of 498
kgf and axial dynamic loads of 882 kgf...

Now I get confused! In your drawing the bearings are turned 'face to face' and that surely seems to be the best arrangement in order to pick up forces from any angle ...

Hey, I really hope my questions aren't too stupid for you Eduardo – I have no technical education and have to start this project from zero.

olaf

[]'s Eduardo

Ypê Bike: http://www.ypebike.cjb.net/
Ypê Mono: http://www.ype.unicyclist.com/

----- Original Message ----- From: "olaf" <noll@xxxxxxxxx> To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 10:15 AM Subject: [python] pivot maeasurements 2

Ops, that last drawing had one diameter too many. This one is better I hope:

----

----

Is the inner diameter surrounding the axle (26 mm) critical, Eduardo?

olaf

---