[python] Re: pivot maeasurements 2

  • From: "Eduardo L P Jr" <edulpj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:54:53 -0300

Hi Olaf !

According to the SKF catalog, the maximum "Da" dimension (diameter of the
seat of the outer bearing ring) is 27 mm. I've used 26 mm, but you may use
fewer.

You've designed the height of the shell of 37 mm. I've used 40 mm. As 40 mm
is the dimension of the square frame tube, I've put some washers between the
arms and the square tube. These chock washers was the same as the washers
used between the arms and the bearings. The arms + chock washers + square
tube was clamped with a "C" clamp and welded together. The chock washers
became "buried" between the square tube and the arms.

[]'s Eduardo

Ypê Bike: http://www.ypebike.cjb.net/
Ypê Mono: http://www.ype.unicyclist.com/