[python] Re: baby python

  • From: olaf <noll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:14:52 +0100

Thanks for your input, Jürgen!

Your thoughts on suspension make sense and I will add some kind of elastomer suspension to the plan.

This annealing stuff sounds a bit risky. I made a brief search on the Internet and it seems that pre-heated alloy should not be annealed. So how does one know what alloy has been pre-heated? But honestly I know nothing about the subject apart from what I read. I think my plan A will be to buy some sort of tapered roll bearings and with the help of the building plan to the Flevo Racer make a steering head. Using a Flevo's type of head would increase ground clearance on the baby python. If that fails or becomes to costly I consider buying one. But holy shit! What if I weld this brand new thing kaputt? Well, after weeping I will retreat to plan B which is ... bending the alloy cranks.

I spent some time looking at the Airbike pics you have uploaded on the net. I like the Airbike a lot. I suppose they are almost impossible to come by these days, aren't they?

Ok, back to drawing.

olaf