[python] Re: Vedr.: Vedr.: Re: Seat and 3D software

  • From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 22:38:41 -0700 (PDT)

I started out using plywood slats recycled from crates, screwed to bent steel
frame.  Covered with foam cushion, they are not bad, a little flat & hard, but
then the plywood started to crack outdoor (rain & sun), metal screws came
loose.
 I tried belts and duct tape also with similar weather issues.  Later I switch
to recycled coroplast sheet zip tied to the frame which surprisingly is comfy
enough because it contours to the 3D back surface and flexes a little like a
hammock.  For ventilation / grip, I add a removable pad made
of artificial grass.  Liner foam sheet should work also.  I am tempted to try a
sheet of fiber glass over the frame, but maybe after a metal mesh...

The Wiki seat page is already started by Moehling and DirkS.  I just added the
home-made section.
http://en.openbike.org/wiki/Seat#Home-made_Seats

Vi