[python] BB in lower Position

  • From: "Thorsten Borm" <t.borm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:26:17 +0200

Until today my experience with the 20"-Python was 330 km. I always
missed the really safety and relaxed feeling because I needed 1 meter of
the road for myself. I was always afraid of other traffic members at
narrow roads and speed above 20 km/h. My biggest trip was 38 km at one
day - but I was totally broken at the end.
Today I made a little test with the geometry of my 20"-Python. I changed
the BB from above of the frame tube to a position below of the tube
(-10cm) which you can see at the picture. I don't know why, but there is
a big progress:
Only little nervous Zig-zags, much more self centring effect, more
safety feeling at higher speed and a better view towards the road. Now
I'm able to drive nearly the line I want to. The position is still high
enough to keep pedalling at narrow turns.
With best regards
Thorsten