[python] Re: 2008: year of the bike

  • From: Ken Pendergrass <kenp794@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 21:07:25 -0500

Dirk,
I have been watching this and thinking about this being the year of the bike sales all summer. Which of course it was but here in Michigan USA it was a buyer's market rather than seller's. Even though it was not a time of big discounts. The best bike shop in town always had some bikes on sale 10% off ends Saturday. On Monday other bikes were on sale, ends Saturday. This went on all summer. We also saw the first real Dutch granny's bikes in the shops. Trek offered a charge account 0% down and no payments no interest for 6 months. Bikes with internal hubs were available too. For the first time in my memory the sales people were excited about quality commuter bikes and not condescending if your were not shopping for a high end road bike. Interesting times yet I was still honked and yelled at a lot while commuting.
Ken

On Nov 3, 2008, at 10:19 AM, dirk@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Pythonauts,

I heard many rumours, that bike sales and usage increased a lot. Then found an article in the economist[1], that among other things says that bicycle manufacturer Giant is having a record year.