[pythian] DESIGN - Mission Ideas

  • From: n30n <n30n@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 12:17:49 +1000

hey,

  This is the first campaign that I've come up with so far, I have one or two
others bubbling away in the back
oif my mind, but I'm thinking of getting this one doe first. I don't really
want to bite off more than i can
chew. Anyway, heres the campaign - any suggestions or comments would be well
recieved, the more opinions and
ideas that I get, the better the mission will turn out.

  The Berman Haters
  -----------------
  ( probably needs a better title )

  Info:
    In a time when the Bermans and the Humans were just
  establishing contact there were two clan lands, each close to a
  small colony of Berman. The two clans each took a diffrent
  stance towards the Berman. Your clan, the Hentra wanted to ally
  with them, and the other clan, the Gel'narn viewed them as an
  abombidnation of the Gods and have taken to themselves the task
  of eliminating all Berman that they come across. Your clan's
  leader has charded the gropu of you to work personally with
  the Berman and fillow their orders.

  Mission 1: Protect the Berman convoy
    After meeting with your clan leader, the Berman convoy
  travells back to its lands. The group of you have been charged
  to protect the convoy on their trip back to their lands. The
  convoy dosen't make it all the way to teir camp before they
  stop and rest by setting up a small camp.
    The convoy starts inside the gates of your clan's castle. The
  track they follow winds through a small forest to the Berman
  camp. The group could be ambushed by several small groups or a
  large group depending on the ability of the engine. The mission
  ends if any of the members of the envoy are killed. The mission
  succeedes if the envoy enters their camp without any
  casualties.

  Mission 2: Eliminate the invaders.
    After staying in the Berman camp for a few days, your group
  is alerted to a small invasion force at the other side of the
  camp. Your group must travel to the other side of the camp and
  prevent the invasion force from doing too much damage.
    The camp in this map needs to be made reasonably large so to
  allow a 'mad dash' towards the part where the invaders are
  attacking. The mission is failed if too many (civillian?)
  Berman are killed. The mission succeeds when all of the
  attacking force are killed.

  Mission 3: Eliminate the watchers.
    After the invasion force has been eliminated, your group has
  reports to the Berman leader. He charges your group to
  eliminate all enimies that are surrounding the camp and
  watching it.
    The mission starts with the group standing outside the gates
  of the camp. The enemies are spread around the forest which
  surrounds the camp. The mission will succeed when all enemies
  are killed.

  Mission 4: Save the Berman Leader.
    Once your grop has eliminated all the guards, they return to
  the camp. finding the gates closed they learn that the camp has
  been taken over by the other clan and they are about to execute
  the Berman leader.
    Your group has a timelimit to sneak into the camp and
  eliminate the enemy forces, who if left alive after a few
  moments after seeing you will alert the camp, causing the
  execution to happen sooner. The mission will fail if the
  execution happens. The mission will succeed if the Berman
  leader is resued or all enemies are killed.

  Mission 5: A quick Escape
    The Berman leader, frightened by the recent attacks on his
  people orders the convoy to break up at first light and head
  for Berman territory.
    This mission is much like the first, with the convoy
  following the track and the same succeed\fail bourdaries except
  that this time the map should be a fair bit larger, and there
  should be quite a few more attacks on the convoy.

  -- End of Campaign? --

  There you go, don't forget to tell me what you think ;D

  - n30n
    [ http://n30n.amok.dk/ ]