[pythian] Re: CODE - real-time light scattering

  • From: "kk" <krauspe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 21:10:12 +0200

While studying the stuff I have found one problem.

What about the clouds. In the evening (at dusk), they are dark, darker than
the sky. At noon the clouds are pure white. Well, with in/out scattering and
absorbation this would be a lot of work to do.

So I think we should hack it somehow.

Maybe we should forget about the equations mentioned in the ati doc and
invent something easier and faster to calculate.
One thing would be surely the same - the calculations would result in
wavelength of the main (prevalent) part of incomming light spectrum (ray
flow).

I would like to have a set of equations which would result in two seperate
values: intensity and color (saturation). Intensity would be used for the
clouds. Both color and intensity would be used for the sky underlayer. Color
would be used as multiplicative cloud overlayer.

What do you think?

Also the moon should change the moon-phases. A good way is to have 28
textures for each day of the cycle. What about that?

-kk