[pythian] CODE - real-time light scattering

  • From: Darryl Long <dlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 07:31:37 -0400

Who's interested in trying to implement this paper in our engine:

http://www.ati.com/developer/dx9/ATI-LightScattering.pdf

We don't need to implement the code as a vertex shader, because the player
is almost always on the ground (or close to it) we don't need to modify the
fog as they suggest.  We would render to a texture and apply this to the
skydome.

We should discuss this first before anyone tries it to see if there are
issues we need to sort out first, such as clouds and whatever.

Darryl