[pure-silver] Re: trouble with Light Impressions

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 15:02:35 -0400

DEAR SHARON,
        Sadly I had the same problems over 2 years ago and simply gave up on
Light Impressions.  I have moved on to University Products, recommended to
me by a professional conservator:  http://www.universityproducts.com/
        Their service is excellent and their prices are consistently better
than Light Impressions.  They are the place where most museums and
professional conservators shop.  The other is Tallas
http://www.talas-nyc.com/  Prices vary compared to University but the
service is also good.
        For decades I felt a sentimental attachment to Light Impressions
because they opened in (I think) the late 60s or early 70s in the same
Rochester NY neighborhood as the original RIT campus (though I attend all
classes in the new campus).  They were very good to students and new
professionals.  I understand that they changed owners and moved to the west
(CA?) and, since then, their customer service is nearly non-existent.
        So I have relaahhed upahhn the kahhndness (Blanche DuBois in Street
Car Named Desire) of University and Tallas.
                CHEERS!
                        BOB