[pure-silver] Re: [slightly off topic] Kremer

  • From: "Edward C. Zimmermann" <edz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:25:53 +0200

Quoting Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Preventol is Bayer's trade name. The product they sell in particular is
> "Preventol ON Extra Flakes." Kremer sells some stuff manufactured by
> Bayer, Roam and Haas, et al. in small packages but with the original
> manufacturer's trade name. It's a very useful resource. On the other

Kremer is usefull and nice. There used to be a few other interesting sources
of "archaic" media in Munich but they are the only that has survived and even
thrived. In my area and down the road to the University and Academy of Art
there used to be quite a few traders but they have all gone into the history
books--- just as I unfortunately discoved this week, one of the last traditional
photo shops (Schwarz & Cie).

In addition to the pigments and chemicals Kremer also has a wonderfull
series of brushes. I use, for example, one of his goat hair brushes for dry
mounting and one of his metal brushes for cleaning mastik and tubular tire
mounting..... speaking of tires.. he's also a good source for high quality
latex milk..

> hand, many products manufactured by Dow seems to be available in drum
> quantities only, and there are usually no company who's willing to sell
> Dow compounds in smaller quantity.

Have you tried giving Kremer a call. He has on offer many more chemicals and
products than those listed in the catalogue--- including many quite photography
related--- and is often willing to source things as needed--- at least here in
Germany.

Edward C. Zimmermann, Basis Systeme netzwerk, Munich