[pure-silver] short developing time - ?

  • From: Janet Cull <jcull@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:03:46 -0400

I've read that too short a developing time leaves a negative lacking something-or-other. I'm about to do 2 rolls of TriX 120 Professional film (exp. 9/2004 & was frozen) in HC110, dilution B. The recommended time is 5 min at 68 degrees. I'm out of D76. Is that time so short that I'll be sorry for using the HC110?

So, Mark Sauerwald, 5 minutes?  They'll sell, right?  But barely?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions but there are no darkroom people available to me in the neighborhood and this is so handy & quick. Thank you for your patience!

Janet