[pure-silver] Re: [pure-silver]Sensitometer for sale

  • From: "Dave Valvo" <dvalvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:32:08 -0400

Most sensitometers use a step tablet. (old ones used a slotted wheel) A single exposure is usually enough to expose the film. However, you always want to have Dmin and Dmax plus some, so variations in film speed may require some exposure adjustments. Since exposure time is fixed with one flash more light is achieved with multiple flashes. Intermittency concerns about multiple exposes can be adjusted from the film manufacturers web site (hopefully) or you can calculate it yourself using the sensitmeter. Will tell you how if interested. Too much light...add ND film strip.

When your film is processed you need to read the steps with a densitometer. Plot the density versus the exposure. Each step on the step tablet is 0.15. This will give you the film characteristic curve. It will give you speed and contrast, Dmax and Dmin. A must if you are processing your own film and following the Zone system. Specially with exotic developers.

Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 2006-04-22 15:39, "Dave Valvo" <dvalvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

      X-Rite Color Sensitometer Item number: 7612539055

It's been up there 14 hours. Here's a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7612539055&rd=1&sspagename= STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Dave

On 2006-04-22 02:26, "Dave Valvo" <dvalvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just listed on eBay an X-Rite color sensitometer. Item number:
7612539055. Here are the words I put with it in case anyone on this list
is
interested. Value is in the $400 range.

This auction is for an X-Rite Model 333 color sensitometer. It is battery
operated and has a blue channel and a green channel. A 21 step tablet is
included. I installed a fresh 9 volt battery and the unit is working
properly. This sensitometer may be used for film or paper. To attenuate
the
light, a neutral density film may be added. A sensitometer is used to
expose
film so that D-Log E curves can be drawn. It is a major part of
understanding your film process methodology. To make an exposure, in a
dark
room, place the film emulsion face down on the step tablet. Close the lid
and a flash will occur and a beep sounded to let you know an exposure has
been made. Multiple exposures may be made quickly if desired. Comes with
vinyl case.

Dave