[pure-silver] Re: [pure-silver]Fuji films was Re: Good news from Ilford

  • From: Lee Carmichael <click76112@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:43:46 -0500

At 08:45 AM 7/14/2005, you wrote:

>>Is Neopan SS the name of the film? (I've never seen it (in the
>>States) by that name)

>Hallo,
>i'm a strong Fujifilm strong user.
>I think that SS is the worst b/w film from fuji. IS an old type film
>and is not so good. It's a bit grainy for 100 ISO speed and not so good
in toe. So if Fujifilms sticks on Acros
>is better
>Ciao,
>Stefano

That's the reason I like it and other old style films.  You can have
your T-grain films, I think they are awful.  They were designed to save
the film manufacturers money by making less silver go further.  Image
quality and ease of use were afterthoughts.  But that's my personal
bias.

Jerry

I use Efke film purchased from J and C Photo. It is an old tech film that is very lovely in my opinion. PL100 is the particular breed. You may see J and C Photo at this link: http://www.jandcphoto.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=222

Very nice people to deal with if you are in the US.

lee\c