[pure-silver] Re: printing 50 yr old negs, scratches and what to do

  • From: Daniel Williams <dtwilliams3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:36:22 -0800

The Edwal No Scratch that Rei referred you to appears to be the stuff that I bought in the 60's - a little goes a long way. My bottle is glass and the sticker on it says $1.95 but, as near as I can tell, it appears pretty much as I remember it. I don't think I have used it in 30 years. Either my negatives are tougher than they used to be or I treat them better. As I recall, this stuff works on superficial scratches but does not do miracles. If you have a trench through the negative, do a search for "Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain" and get some good spotting colors.

--
Daniel Williams
Enumclaw WA