[pure-silver] Re: perceptol 1+1 and grain

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 11:48:02 -0800 (PST)

IME the finest grain is acheived w/straight Microdol
at the loss of 1 stop although I've not compared it to
the diltued results.

The combination of microdol straight  and t-max 100
shot @50EI printed w/a cold light yields superb
results even in 35mm.

Another downside of Microdol straight is a softening
of the grain but in normal usage (8x10-16x20) that
never seemed to be a problem.

To dilute and get coarser/sharper grain vs straight
Microdol w/finer grain w/the speed loss ends up being
a personal taste thing I guess, and also whether
shooting situations allow for the speed loss.

--- "Nicholas O. Lindan" <nolindan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>