[pure-silver] Re: mottled tones

  • From: Charlie Thorsten <charlie_thorsten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:28:19 -0700 (PDT)

--- Dave V <DValvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Old trick about old paper that has been frozen.
> ......Take out of freezer;
> defrost; remove only what you intend on using;
> repackage in plastic moisture
> proof packages in small packages; refreeze.   What
> is left out at room temp
> will go bad very quickly.   Seems like the aging is
> stopped while frozen but
> time accelerates if you un-freeze it.
>
> Dave

I remember Fred Picker saying something about this
with his old frozen stocks of Ilfomar and Varilour.
I've got some old stock of Elite Fine Art that I
need to test on some actual images.  Every once in
a while I've thrown a blank sheet in the developer
just to see if there's any fog, but now that I've
read this thread, I should test it further...

Charlie