[pure-silver] mottled tones

  • From: Janet Cull <jcull@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 15:32:15 -0400

I have lots of paper I bought from a man who switched to digital. Most of it has been good. It was all frozen until I bought it. Some has been obviously bad, with very grayish/mottled tones. It looks a bit funky, sort of cool for some things.

I just took some out to use, printing for a friend's kids. These few prints, so far, look good in the white edges (they're perfectly white), good in every part of the print, except for the girl's skin. In real life she has gorgeous, creamy skin. She's young and unblemished.

Is it possible that if the paper is bad from age that it would only show up in certain places or tones? Her blouse is light, but looks fine. The dog's face is beautifully sharp and contrasty to taste, but the girls face is mildly mottled.

I'm using fresh developer. Hm. I didn't change my stop bath but it still looked yellow as if fresh from mixing last night. Fixer is good.

I'm really hoping the paper's fine. I've got too much to feel good about doing away with.

Thanks!